To provide support, education and advocacy for person with mental illness, their families and friends.
To promote better quality of care, rights and interest of citizens with mental illness particularly of those who cannot speak for themselves, and advocate for policies at the local, state and national level to accomplish these objectives.
To encourage mental health professionals to include family members in the care and treatment pf their family members.
NAMI Kern County believes that:
- We recognize mental illnesses are brain disorders
- We see the person not the illness
- We reject stigma in ourselves and others
- We forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- We embrace humor as healthy
- We expect a better future in a realistic way
- We will never give up hope