Family to Family
Download our latest Family to Family flyer
or for more information please contact:
Marie Neel, (661) 872-5999
What does the course include?
Current information about schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder (manic depression), panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, borderline personality disorder, and co-occurring brain disorders and addictive disorders
– Up-to-date information about medications, side effects, and strategies for medication adherence
– Current research related to the biology of brain disorders and the evidence-based, most effective treatments to promote recovery
– Gaining empathy by understanding the subjective, lived experience of a person with mental illness
– Learning in special workshops for problem solving, listening, and communication techniques
– Acquiring strategies for handling crises and relapse
– Focusing on care for the caregiver: coping with worry, stress, and emotional overload
– Guidance on locating appropriate supports and services within the community
– Information on advocacy initiatives designed to improve and expand services
Download our latest Family to Family flyer or for more information please contact: Marie Neel, email@example.com or (661) 872-5999
NAMI Connection: Recovery Support Group
The real gift of Connection, the real heart of Connection, is connecting with other people in an accepting environment. We all come as we are and stay who we are while we are in the group, without fear of misunderstanding. We are connected to each other and to the experiences of each other which offer us new ways of coping and new ways of thinking.
If interested, please contact Terry at (661) 398-0502 for Friday’s group; Rebecca at (661) 565-6565 for Wednesday’s group; or Janet at (760) 384-8672 for Tuesday’s group .
Locations and Times:
Good Samaritan Hospital Southwest
5201 White Lane (west entrance) Bakersfield, CA 93309
Fridays from 3:30pm to 5:30pm
Consumer Family Learning Center
5121 Stockdale Hwy., Suite 150A Bakersfield, CA 93389
Second and Fourth Wednesdays of the month
6:00pm to 7:30pm
College Community Services (CCS): Hope Center
1400 N. Norma Street, Suite 137
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
Tuesdays from 4:30pm to 6:00pm
Peer-to-Peer Recovery beginning in Ridgecrest!
Plans are underway to begin another class in September 2014.
Peer-to-Peer is a unique, experiential learning program for people with any mental illness who are interested in establishing and maintaining their wellness and recovery. For more information about other Peer-to-Peer Recovery Courses, please contact: Drea (661) 817-4884, firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Annual NAMIWalks Coming 2014
The Park at River Walk
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Contact William Lester: email@example.com
Visit the OFFICIAL NAMI Walks Kern County Website
Presenting Sponsor: $ 10,000
Major Sponsor: $ 7,500
Gold Sponsor: $ 5,000
Kick off Luncheon Sponsor: $ 3,500
Silver Sponsor: $ 2,500
Awards Reception Sponsor: $ 1,500
Start/Finish Line Sponsor: $ 1,500
Bronze Sponsor: $ 1,000
Supporter: $ 500
Kilometer Sponsor: $ 250
Find out more about sponsorship HERE.
Become a sponsor by clicking HERE.
Our sponsors will be proudly listed on the main event page. We look forward to adding you to the list.
NAMI Monthly Meeting
Please call to confirm location, date and time
Family Support Group
Every Tuesday- 6:00-7:30pm
CCS HOPE Center –
1400 N Norma St., Ste 137, (760) 384-8672; (760) 446-2032
Connection Recovery Support Group
Please call for current time and location
(760) 977-7837; (760) 384-8672
Survey For Members
Would you please take a few minutes to answer the following questions so that we, NAMI Kern County 2013 Executive Board, may better serve our members….
1. How can we, NAMI Kern County, increase our attendance at our Monthly Affiliate Meetings, A.I.M.?
2. What topics would you like to see covered in these monthly meetings?
3. Do you feel two Family to Family Educational Classes, in English, would be sufficient for 2013?
4. Would you, or someone you know, participate in a Spanish (or bi-lingual) Family to Family Class?
5. How many Peer to Peer classes do you feel NAMI Kern County should offer?
6. Would YOU be interested in participating on a committee through 2012? If so, what would be your area of interest?
Please submit your answers to:
or if you prefer mail to:
NAMI Kern County
P.O. Box 9144
Bakersfield, CA 93389
Thank you for your input.
YOUR 2013 Executive Board