Family to Family
Download our latest Family to Family flyer
or for more information please contact:
Marie Neel, (661) 872-5999
What does the course include?
Current information about schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder (manic depression), panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, borderline personality disorder, and co-occurring brain disorders and addictive disorders
- Up-to-date information about medications, side effects, and strategies for medication adherence
- Current research related to the biology of brain disorders and the evidence-based, most effective treatments to promote recovery
- Gaining empathy by understanding the subjective, lived experience of a person with mental illness
- Learning in special workshops for problem solving, listening, and communication techniques
- Acquiring strategies for handling crises and relapse
- Focusing on care for the caregiver: coping with worry, stress, and emotional overload
- Guidance on locating appropriate supports and services within the community
- Information on advocacy initiatives designed to improve and expand services
NAMI Connection: Recovery Support Group
The real gift of Connection, the real heart of Connection, is connecting with other people in an accepting environment. We all come as we are and stay who we are while we are in the group, without fear of misunderstanding. We are connected to each other and to the experiences of each other which offer us new ways of coping and new ways of thinking.
Locations and Times:
Peer-to-Peer Recovery beginning in Ridgecrest!
Plans are underway to begin another class in September 2014.
Peer-to-Peer is a unique, experiential learning program for people with any mental illness who are interested in establishing and maintaining their wellness and recovery. For more information about other Peer-to-Peer Recovery Courses, please contact: Drea (661) 817-4884, firstname.lastname@example.org
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
Renew your membership today! Renew online at $35.00 annually for a Family membership!
8th Annual NAMIWalks Coming 2014
The Park at River Walk
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Contact William Lester: email@example.com
Presenting Sponsor: $ 10,000
Major Sponsor: $ 7,500
Gold Sponsor: $ 5,000
Kick off Luncheon Sponsor: $ 3,500
Silver Sponsor: $ 2,500
Awards Reception Sponsor: $ 1,500
Start/Finish Line Sponsor: $ 1,500
Bronze Sponsor: $ 1,000
Supporter: $ 500
Kilometer Sponsor: $ 250
Find out more about sponsorship HERE.
Become a sponsor by clicking HERE.
Our sponsors will be proudly listed on the main event page. We look forward to adding you to the list.
NAMI Monthly Meeting
Please call to confirm location, date and time
Survey For Members
Would you please take a few minutes to answer the following questions so that we, NAMI Kern County 2013 Executive Board, may better serve our members….
1. How can we, NAMI Kern County, increase our attendance at our Monthly Affiliate Meetings, A.I.M.?
2. What topics would you like to see covered in these monthly meetings?
3. Do you feel two Family to Family Educational Classes, in English, would be sufficient for 2013?
4. Would you, or someone you know, participate in a Spanish (or bi-lingual) Family to Family Class?
5. How many Peer to Peer classes do you feel NAMI Kern County should offer?
6. Would YOU be interested in participating on a committee through 2012? If so, what would be your area of interest?
Please submit your answers to:
or if you prefer mail to:
NAMI Kern County
P.O. Box 9144
Bakersfield, CA 93389
Thank you for your input.
YOUR 2013 Executive Board
Mark Your Calendar...
- NAMI A.I.M.
Third Monday of every month
- NAMIWalks 2014
- » Find out more HERE
- NAMI Kern Board Meeting 1st Tuesday of every Month