We believe mental illnesses are brain disorders.
We see the person not the illness.
We reject stigma in ourselves and others.
We forgive ourselves and reject guilt.
We embrace humor as healthy.
We expect a better future in a realistic way.
We will never give up hope!
- Mental health conditions cost the economy an estimated $193 billion dollars in lost earnings each year.
- Mental health conditions are the number one cause of disability and workplace absenteeism.
- Suicide is at a 30-year high. Every day, an average of 117 people die by suicide.
- Up to 25% of people who are homeless live with a serious mental illness.
- People with serious mental illness are jailed at nearly 4 times the rate of other individuals.
At NAMI, we pledge to build on this momentum-to keep what works and make it better. Everyone needs access to quality health care, so everyone has a voice in this debate. Make your voice stronger by joining the NAMI fight.